Sitemaps are an easy way for Web developers to inform search engines of the structure of their Web site. Sitemaps define the URLs of a Web site and include additional information for search engines like when the file was last updated, how often it’s updated, and how important it is.
Once you’ve created an XML sitemap, you want to make sure that the search engines see it and index your site. Learn how easy it is to submit an XML sitemap to Google and Bing.
Creating the sitemap
Here is a list of Sitemap Tools save time and simplify the task of creating a sitemap. We hope this list will be useful for you. All download links are linked to official websites.
Yoast (WordPress plugin) Sitemap
Yoast is a WordPress plugin that helps you with your website optimization. The sitemap index and individual sitemaps are updated automatically as you add or remove content. What is more, they include the post types you want search engines to index.
Downloadable Sitemap Tools
- GSiteCrawler (Windows)
- GWebCrawler & Sitemap Creator (Windows)
- G-Mapper (Windows)
- Inspyder Sitemap Creator (Windows) $
- IntelliMapper (Windows) $
- Microsys A1 Sitemap Generator (Windows) $
- Rage Google Sitemap Automator $ (OS-X)
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider and Sitemap generator (Windows/Mac) $
- Site Map Pro (Windows) $
- Sitemap Writer (Windows) $
- Sitemap Generator by DevIntelligence (Windows)
- Sorrowmans Sitemap Tools (Windows)
- TheSiteMapper (Windows) $
- Vigos Gsitemap (Windows)
- WebDesignPros Sitemap Generator (Java Webstart Application)
- Weblight (Windows/Mac) $
- WonderWebWare Sitemap Generator (Windows)
Online Generators or Services
- Create an XML Sitemap.
- Login to your Google account and go to Google webmaster tools.
- Add your site to Google by clicking on the “Add a Site” button. You don’t need to verify the site in order to submit a sitemap for it.
- Click on your site URL and then click on the plus-sign next to Site configuration. When it appears, click on the Sitemaps link.
- Click on the Submit a Sitemap button and fill in the URL of your sitemap XML file. It must be stored on the site that it’s mapping.
Google will check the sitemap and begin indexing your site as soon as it’s determined the sitemap has no errors.
- Create an XML Sitemap.
- Login to your Windows Live account and go to Bing Webmaster Center.
- Add your site to Bing by filling in your URL and the URL of your sitemap. Click add a site.
- Bing will check the sitemap and begin indexing your site as soon as it’s determined that the sitemap has no errors.